We worked on the sportsman activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 5 (physical fitness).
- Large rubber balls
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
Physical Fitness Belt loop 2. Practice finding your pulse and counting your heartbeats per minute. Determine your target heart rate.
Physical Fitness Belt loop 3: Practice five physical fitness skills regularly. Improve performance in each skill over a month. Skills could include pull-ups, curl-ups, the standing long jump, the 50-yard dash, and the softball throw.
- Lines for 50-yard-dash
- Lines for long jump
- Softball (or tennis ball) throw. Need to be carefully monitored for safety.
- Objective: 2 cubs carry a ball sandwiched between their backs.
- Carry from start line to finish
- Then, sandwich between their heads and return to start.
- No hands: if they drop, then they must start over
- Start: Nothing to add, it worked well.
- Stop: Nothing to stop. It went well.
- Continue: This worked well.
Leave a Reply