We worked on the sportsman activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 3 (soccer).
- Soccer balls: 2
- Soccer goals: 2
- Marker cones: 12
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
First explain the basic rules of soccer.
- Objective: put the ball into the other team’s goal
- Cannot use hands
- No pushing or tripping
- Out of bounds: the ball is returned by the team that did not take the ball out of bounds: Explain the details on the fly
- Kick-off: the teams must start on their respective sides
Other quick discussion before playing:
- Brief discussion about offensive and defensive positions
- Goalie may not use his hands
- Rotate every ~5 minutes
Soccer belt loop 2: Spend at least 30 minutes practicing soccer skills.
Soccer belt loop 3: Play a game of soccer.
- Play soccer for the full session. At the end, if you can fit them all on the field, put both full patrols on the field against each other.
- Start: This worked really well and the only thing to make sure of is to make sure they hydrate and actually rest in the off-times (we rotated every 5 minutes).
- Stop: Nothing to stop. It went well.
- Continue: This worked well. The parents did a lot of ball fetching at the sides, which was useful to keep the boys out of the woods and from the hill.
Leave a Reply