We completed the showman activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 5.
- Printed songs
- Charades category cards
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
Showman 11. Tell what folk music is. Hum, sing, or play a folk tune on a musical instrument. Showman 9. Sing one song indoors and one song outdoors, either alone or with a group. Tell what you need to do differently when singing outdoors.
- Sing 2 songs from the songbook (at last one folk song)
Showman 16. Give a monologue (a talk) on a patriotic, humorous, or holiday subject, or another subject of your choice
- Do a series of pantomimes or charades. Divide into teams. Have prepared basic and crazy categories to act out like US Presidents, current song titles, and pop music titles, sports figures. (from boyscouttrail.com)
- Charades categories: Animals, Video games, Something from day camp, Star Wars, Scouts, Knots, Sports, School or Homeschool, Target sports, Camping, Boy Scout Law, Scout ceremonies, Movies, Things to do outdoors, Summer fun
- Charades categories for printing and/or editing (pdf and doc file)
- Start: This worked well
- Stop: Nothing
- Continue: I would do this session again as it is, with the start suggestion added. It went really well.
Leave a Reply