We completed the showman activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 3. This builds on the previous 2 days of activities.
- Paper lunch bags
- Popsicle sticks
- Puppets and plans from previous day
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
Showman 11. Tell what folk music is. Hum, sing, or play a folk tune on a musical instrument. Showman 9. Sing one song indoors and one song outdoors, either alone or with a group. Tell what you need to do differently when singing outdoors.
- Sing 2 songs from the songbook (at last one folk song)
- Sing one at the pool house (indoors) as entrance into pool.
Showman 2. Write a puppet play about one of your Webelos den activities or a subject of your choice. Showman 3. Make a set of puppets or marionettes for the play you have written or for another play.
- Break into the same groups as day 1 & 2
- Have each group rehearse their play with their adult
- Have each group perform their play/skit for the other boys
- This activity continued to work really well.
- Start: Some of the skits were awesome and some were not as good. This was largely due to the adults not supervising each group as well on day 1. I would ensure this happens each day and the skits would be better.
- Stop: The heat! Not much to do about that.
- Continue: I would do this session again as it is, with the start suggestion added.