We completed the showman activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 2. This builds on the day 1 activities.
- Paper lunch bags
- Popsicle sticks
- Puppets and plans from previous day
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
Showman 11. Tell what folk music is. Hum, sing, or play a folk tune on a musical instrument. Showman 9. Sing one song indoors and one song outdoors, either alone or with a group. Tell what you need to do differently when singing outdoors.
- Sing 2 songs from the songbook (at last one folk song)
- Sing one at the pool house (indoors) as entrance into pool.
Showman 2. Write a puppet play about one of your Webelos den activities or a subject of your choice. Showman 3. Make a set of puppets or marionettes for the play you have written or for another play.
- Break into the same groups as day 1
- Finish the puppets and practice the plays
- This activity continued to work really well.
- They LOVED making the puppets
- Start: As with day 1, I would ensure each group has adequate supervision on what makes a good skit as some of the groups made great ones and some splintered. Have the walking leaders/adults with each group be involved and supervised and give suggestions.
- Stop: The heat! Not much to do about that.
- Continue: I would do this session again as it is, with the start suggestion added.
Leave a Reply