We are aiming to complete the Handyman activity pin during two meetings. Our meeting plan is below, along with notations about what worked.
By the end of the meeting, the cubs should be able to / should have completed or started:
Significant progress on Handyman
Boy Scout skills
Start: 5 minutes before meeting start time
Duration: 5-10 minutes (this actually lasted 20-30 min)
Equipment needed: car washing materials: leaders, car: parent
Duration: 2-5 minutes
What: Pledge; Boy Scout Law
Equipment needed: flag
Duration: 40 minutes
What. Indicate who is responsible for each:
- Handyman #3: Help an adult change a tire on a car.
- Patrol exercise: we worked on a leadership activity where the boys had to move a ball from one location to another with only one boy talking. It took a lot of tries (and one round of parents doing it) but they did it well in the end.
Note, we did not get to the rest of the activities but will work on them later.
- Handyman #5: With adult supervision, show how to check the oil level and tire pressure on a car.
- Web #7a: Demonstrate the Scout salute, Scout sign, and Scout handshake. Explain when you would use them.
- Web #7b: Explain the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan.
Duration: 5 minutes
What: Scout Oath
Equipment needed: info sheets
Leave a Reply